Four-Star General Eric Shinseki who was the U.S. Army Chief of Staff, from 1999-2003, once said ...
[Tweet "“If you don’t like change, you’re going to like irrelevance even less.”"]
Shinseki’s statement is a great reminder of the need to evaluate my comfort level when it comes to change.
Maybe the following questions will help you do some thinking too?
- When was the last time I intentionally made a change?
- Am I more or less relevant today than I was one year ago? 5 years ago?
- What is one thing I need to do differently in the coming month? Year?
- How will my leadership contribution remain sustainable over the next decade?
- What causes me to resist change?
Great leaders are focused on being relevant to the culture, and in case you haven’t noticed, culture is changing at warp speed.
Translated? You better learn to embrace change. If you don’t, you are going to hate being irrelevant.
Leadership Begins at Home,
Are there other questions you would add to the list?
Comment Below ...